Approach & Journey
HOW WE WORK
A Deeply Personal Process
There are many ways to measure success at an interior design firm – awards, media recognition and exceptional interiors are a few. But at Studio Brunstrum, our definition of success hinges on the journey we take with our clients.
We believe that collaboration, based on mutual trust and respect, along with open dialogue, is essential to the design process. From there, we can create, solve challenges and infuse each home with beauty as if it were our own. We aim to simplify the design process to create solutions expertly tailored to your lifestyle.
To design a home, to be invited into someone’s inner sanctum, is a privilege.
Susan Brunstrum, Chicago Interior Designer, is involved with every project and is the creative force behind Studio Brunstrum design. You can expect her to lead all client presentations, when architectural schematics, color palettes, floor plans, furnishings and more are reviewed and discussed. As a unified collective, Susan and her team learn your habits, day-to-day routines and aspirations.
If collaboration is our bedrock, then simplification is our path to a smooth process. Years of valued client input have yielded a streamlined design journey. Billing, ordering and invoicing are transparent and easy to understand. Our touchpoints make it easy for clients to stay informed, even during the most complex assignments.
Studio Brunstrum can manage projects from the ground up, including architectural plans through to construction or renovation. We design for primary residences, vacation homes, pieds-à-terre and commercial properties.
- Turnkey transitioning from one home to another – upsizing, downsizing or rightsizing
- Project orchestration and consultation on existing homes, renovations and new construction
- Interior architecture and space planning
- Project management, including selection and scheduling of service providers, trades, architects and contractors, and specifying, ordering and installing all necessary elements
- Design development, selection and placement of furniture, accessories, window treatments, floor coverings, paint and wall coverings, artwork, antiques, upholstery and fabrics